Friday, November 11, 2011

"Observed" and "Consumption" at Manifest

Manifest Gallery opened two new exhibits this evening, and I was so impressed, I thought I'd spread the word:

Observed is a juried show of artwork drawn from life. Many of the pieces are meticulously crafted still-lifes, but there are a few noteworthy exceptions, such as this oil painting by Derek Wilkinson:


In the 3rd gallery is Consumption, a small collection of sculptures by Alysia Fischer. I won't let on what these objects are made of (finding out is half the fun), but her serendipitous and inventive treatment of commonplace materials take on a variety of surprising new forms.



Both exhibits have such an emphasis on craftsmanship and so many of the pieces are representative works in traditional media, I thought it would appeal to a lot of the illustrators in the group. It's well worth a visit.

1 comment:

  1. That DOES look like a cool show. I will have to check it out. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete