Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Deviant Art Artist Worth Looking At

I stumbled upon this guy: http://today.deviantart.com/dds/#/d2k1hw2 whilst looking for reference and inspiration for a painting for a contest. This particular painting is very endearing, nice detail and light quality. His other work is pretty nice, too (I'm assuming it's a dude :P Pretty chauvanistic, but hey :P). In any event, you can see definite influences from a multitude of artists, which is why I think this is worth noting. Michael Whelan's delicacy in one particular painting, "A Moment." I saw some Diterlizzi in there, too. Just a fun little thing if any of you are up to looking at some artwork. It's digital, which is not something I'm really into, but it's nice to know that people are looking at and being influenced by the influential artists of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment