Saturday, September 1, 2012

"Sometimes Friends": the children's book

The children's book I've been illustrating is temporarily on hold, but I'd like to share some of my pencilled sketches with our Cincinnati blog now and again. The book's title is "Sometimes Friends,"  and it was written by Cincinnati writer Linda Sanders-Wells, who passed away last October.

My client, e. E. Charlton-Trujillo, does want to see her friend Linda's book finished. She's started a Kickstarter campaign to raise the funds. I hope she succeeds.








8 comments:

  1. Thanks! I hope this book happens. Having a book that exists is so much better than having a file folder filled with cool sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sketches. How are you going to do final renders?

    Good luck with the KS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned the drawing app you are using on the iPad. Could you show some of the images you are making on it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Christina.

    The line art and fill blacks will be done with brush and ink on bristol board. The brushed line beats the dip-pen for me, because I love the difference that slow and quick movements make in my brush lines.

    I'll scan and clean up the inks, and shade the interior art in a very Brian-styled way: cut-edge grey tones (flat tones with shading and highlights).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will put the kickstarter in the next lunch announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've stopped getting the lunch announcements! That's why I've missed even the lunches in my area. I'll check my spam filters in Hotmail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never remove people from the list unless requested. So anyone, if you stop getting the email, let me know.

    ReplyDelete