Friday, June 26, 2015

Sketching at Taft Ale House

Vanessa Sorensen's sketch
Vanessa Sorensen and I took a quick break from deadlines last Friday to get out and sketch. I had my eye on Taft's Ale House to sketch the exterior but was just as happy to sketch inside, drink beer and eat smoked chicken wings.

The Ale House is a gorgeous renovated church. They also have this great logo.

It is an homage to Ohio President William Howard Taft getting stuck in the bathtub. There is even a delightful children's book about it by Caldecott winner Mac Barnett called President Taft is Stuck in the Bath that seems to have a place here even though it has nothing to do with the Ale House.

Blast!" said Taft. "This could be bad."
I never did add color to my sketch. I have been in a deadline vortex.

Christina Wald's sketch

Here is Vanessa's write-up: http://nessydesigns.blogspot.com/2015/06/taft-ale-house-sketch.html

No comments:

Post a Comment