Friday, October 24, 2014

Poe project

For the past week I've been doing a (nearly) daily illustration of an Edgar Allen Poe short story, going in order in which they appear in an old Poe anthology I have. This is just a personal project, to get me drawing something other than editorial cartoons and commissions. The goal is to do each illustration in about 2 hours or less, so I'm not taking up too much of my time. I'm flying by the seat of my pants on each one, doing maybe one or two quick thumbnails, but usually I'm just diving in with my Wacom, pushing pixels around until I find an interesting shape, and then running with it. I probably should have started this earlier in October, but oh well. Here are the six I've drawn so far.

The Tale-Tell Heart

The Masque of the Red Death

The Cask of Amontillado

Metzengerstein

The Pit and the Pendulum

The Fall of the House of Usher

1 comment:

  1. You should make a zine with these. I love the energy in the whole set but the Pit and the Pendulum really captures the movement.

    ReplyDelete