Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sneak Peek-Comic Anthology


Here is the first page for the 10 page story I am doing for our 12-Way with Cheese comic anthology. It is very different from what I usually do. I have had this story idea for years but the art approach did not work because it was not cartoony enough. I scrapped all of my initial concept art and redesigned all the characters.
Below is a worksheet for the characters. They are literally "star shaped" people. I will post more pages as I finish.


8 comments:

  1. Awesome job Christina! The color work is beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really charming! I love the characters-and agree on the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be the third to praise the color in this, especially the way the golden light starts to penetrate the blue background —very nice, Christina! Thanks also for showing sketches. I always love to see them!

    I'm not asking you to blow surprises, but is this going to be a kid's story, or an adult/all-ages story made to look like a fairy-tale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story is kid safe. The book has a lot of non-kid safe stuff though. I am using it to put together a proposal for a kids graphic novel-this is chapter one.

    Glad everyone likes it so far-still deciding on final details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.

    And we've sure got variety in this book. I wonder who our readers will be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Brian! Every anthology I have ever read varies wildly in content, so 12-way will fit right in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope others will post some of their 12-way stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks really good christina!

    ReplyDelete