Monday, June 1, 2009

Dennis Porter: “Can you draw me something DIFFERENT??”


















From Dennis Porter:

Well, sure!
Different is usually even more fun.
My client for theis project was a fine young man named Kevin, wanting something for his family gatherings this summer-something to play up the competition between the USA military service branches in his relatives, the friendly frictions between Army and Air Force.
He knew exactly what he wanted; I can take no credit for creativity here. The images are above.


Kevin writes:
Dennis,
Just wanted to thank you again. I have finally been able to get the boards out and they are a huge hit.
Kevin


As I say, different is usually fun. This one did not even involve caricature, nor ink or even paper. A weird tech problem with the project was the manufacturer of the boards would NOT release the information on what kind of paint was used. If I used the wrong pigment the image might just peel off in the first rain, so that was not an option. Eventually they relented, and I am grateful.
-Dennis


2 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you, Dennis! Those are fun. (I like the bird the best.)
    The beanbags all look a bit anti-Army. was there a pro-Army set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool! I just built a set myself a few months ago. Mine weren't as creatively painted, though.

    ReplyDelete