Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Character - Claire's Hair

I've been working on this character for a few months now. I have drawn her so many ways, but I'm still not quite sure about her story.

You should see her comb, though.

You can see more of her here.


  1. Nice, man. I like the image on the bottom left. It's more evocative than the others, I think. But all are interesting. Is this for anything? Have you added colour to any of them?

  2. Very cute and a lot of character.

  3. I can tell she'd a wild one. I love the combination long hair and tomboy - you don't see that very often.

  4. Rapunzel with an attitude.

  5. Thanks, everyone. Sorry if my site gave you some malware warning - seems it was hacked yesterday. Should be good to go now, though.

    Justin, I'm working on a story for her; I'd like to develop this into a children's book. I had the idea that her hair itself was "alive" and played with her - like a best friend type idea.

    Thanks, Christina. She's kind of based off of my niece, so there's a bit of firecracker in her.

    Nessy, glad you saw the tomboy aspect - completely what I was going for.

    And thanks, Anonymous. Is that a family name?

  6. That's a really lively sketch, Nick —nice!